FreeCurist
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Ordinateur portable ASUS Chromebook Vibe CX34 Flip
Voir le deal
399 €

The Cure 11 March 1979 London - 1st known recorded show

AuteurMessage
Bob
Dieu Free Curiste
Dieu Free Curiste
Bob

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2061

The Cure 11 March 1979 London - 1st known recorded show Empty
MessageSujet: The Cure 11 March 1979 London - 1st known recorded show   The Cure 11 March 1979 London - 1st known recorded show EmptySam 4 Mar 2006 - 17:50

Citation :
The Cure
London,England
Marquee Club
11 March 1979

Sound Quality: B+/A- (does waver here and there, though)

cdr (obtained in trade, verified lossless via EAC) > EAC (Secure with C2, accurate stream, disable cache) > .Wav > Trader's Little Helper (>.Flac ;level 8,aligned on sector boundaries,test encoded files, Flac fingerprint file created,delete source files) >You

EAC reported no errors with the rip,and each show I will share has an EAC logfile included.

Each show is named as so:
The Cure (Date-YYYY-MM-DD) (City)
This show then will be:
"The Cure 1979-03-11 London"
Dates are written in this manner for easier archiving.

I have referenced the excellent site www.cure-concerts.de for these concerts. Please check that site out, it is well organized, and there is a lot of interesting information about the Cure in concert over there.

I recently moved, and my concert cdr collection has simply outgrown me. So, I've decided to compress all my concerts to .Flac and archive them on DVDR to save space. I have well over 2,000 cdrs to compress. I hope to share the majority of those shows here. For you Cure fans, I have over 400 shows to go through, I hope to share those that I find to be free from .mp3 sources. (except for whichever ones a taper has asked me to hold for special items,wink)
I'll be working on these shows in the order that I unpack them, and I have several shows to do. Depeche Mode, Kiss, The Cure, and many others, I assure you.
I'll try to weed out lossy shows, but a few may slip by me. Any and all help is appreciated in identifying these shows.If anyone would like my cdr copies of these shows, please contact me:seanw@culthero.de

Line-up:
Robert Smith, Michael Dempsey, Laurence Tolhurst

The first known recording of The Cure, in this era performing as a trio. This was one of a series of Sunday night Cure concerts dubbed "A Dose Of Sundays" at the Marquee. The Joy Division was the opening act the previous Sunday to thsi show!
Robert says before Grinding Halt: "This one is our next single, maybe..."
Before Object: "This one's for the guy in the middle whose hair's going flat because of the heat..."
Robert dedicates Meathook to the guy in "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", then asks the crowd if anyone remembers what his name was, to which someone responds "Michael!". (Ed Gein was the inspiration for TTCM, maybe someone confused Leatherface for Michael Myers from the Halloween movies, which had 2 parts released by this era??)
Robert says that Fire In Cairo is the next single, then says something about there being 3 singles at once. smile
www.cure-concerts.de lists 10.15 Saturday Night as thelast song played, however my version of this recording misses it. Does anyone have a version of this show with that song?
There was a few seconds of loud white noise at the beginning of T07 which I omitted in EAC. (in case you noticed something odd happening there) This was on my CDR, and was not a problem with the rip.

Setlist:
10.15 saturday night
accuracy
grinding halt
another day
object
subway song
foxy lady
meathook
three imaginary boys
boys don't cry
plastic passion
fire in cairo
it's not you
(guitar tuning)/do the hansa
killing an arab

http://www.dimeadozen.org/download.php/84600/The%20Cure%201979-03-11%20London.torrent
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The Cure 11 March 1979 London - 1st known recorded show
Page 1 sur 1