FreeCurist
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -29%
PC portable Gamer ERAZER DEPUTY P60 – ...
Voir le deal
999.99 €

The Cure - 15 April 1980 - New York - 3rd Ever USA show

AuteurMessage
Bob
Dieu Free Curiste
Dieu Free Curiste
Bob

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2061

The Cure - 15 April 1980 - New York - 3rd Ever USA show Empty
MessageSujet: The Cure - 15 April 1980 - New York - 3rd Ever USA show   The Cure - 15 April 1980 - New York - 3rd Ever USA show EmptySam 4 Mar 2006 - 17:48

Citation :
nteresting show, 3rd ever in the USA (or in North America for that matter), plus Robert confronts a jerk in the crowd. (read more below)

The Cure
New York City (USA)
Hurrah's
15 April 1980

3rd show ever in the USA-1st known live USA recording

Sound Quality: B+/A- ( vinyl impurities)

cdr (obtained in trade, verified lossless via EAC) > EAC (Secure with C2, accurate stream, disable cache) > .Wav > Trader's Little Helper (>.Flac ;level 8,aligned on sector boundaries,test encoded files, Flac fingerprint file created,delete source files) >You

EAC reported no errors with the rip,and each show I will share has an EAC logfile included.

Each show is named as so:
The Cure (Date-YYYY-MM-DD) (City)
So a show then will be:
"The Cure 1979-03-11 London"
Dates are written in this manner for easier archiving.

I have referenced the excellent site www.cure-concerts.de for these concerts. Please check that site out, it is well organized, and there is a lot of interesting information about the Cure in concert over there.

I recently moved, and my concert cdr collection has simply outgrown me. So, I've decided to compress all my concerts to .Flac and archive them on DVDR to save space. I have well over 2,000 cdrs to compress. I hope to share the majority of those shows here. For you Cure fans, I have over 400 shows to go through, I hope to share those that I find to be free from .mp3 sources. (except for whichever ones a taper has asked me to hold for special items,wink)
I'll be working on these shows in the order that I unpack them, and I have several shows to do. Depeche Mode, Kiss, The Cure, and many others, I assure you.
I'll try to weed out lossy shows, but a few may slip by me. Any and all help is appreciated in identifying these shows.If anyone would like my cdr copies of these shows, please contact me:seanw@culthero.de

Line-up:
Robert Smith, Simon Gallup, Laurence Tolhurst, Matthieu Hartley

This is what cure-concerts.de said about this show, quoting from "Ten Imaginary Years" book:
"On 10 April, The Cure went to America for the first time.
Robert: "We'd obtained cult status out there but we only played New York, Philly, Washington and Boston. We played three nights - 15, 16 and 17th - at Hurrah in New York and it was packed."

I had a longer version of this show,but it proved to be lossy, so maybe someone has that version to share?? Until then, we have this one...
This seems to be from a vinyl source, so yes, you can hear the "pops" and other vinyl flaws, but really, I think it's a pretty nice show regardless. However, this version (which is not mentioned on cure-concerts) does NOT have the correct running order to the setlist. I was considering retracking it, putting the songs in the correct order, but I decided against that idea. I wanted this to be an accurate portrayal of this vinyl version, NOT the definitive version of this show. So, here we have a version, which even despite its flaws, is still collectible,and very enjoyable. (at least, in my opinion)

Someone is heard yelling "meathook!!" just before in your house, then Robert says "Can you turn the vocals down a bit in the monitors, please??". He then plays the intro, stops (you can hear some loud yelling in the crowd),and then starts the song from the beginning again!

An interesting moment happens at the beginning of track 4 when a rowdy audience member is confronted by Robert:" See,we come from England...we don't understand if you (?) like or you don't like it, know wot I mean, what does "Take a piss on Portobello Road" mean? What does it mean?? " A fan near the recorder adds: "(if you don't like it, why the fuck did you come in the first place?...)" You can faintly hear the person Robert was talking to back down, then the crowd cheers, then 10:15 is spliced into the spot subway song should've been.

This is the CORRECT running order to this show:
Mainset:
seventeen seconds
play for today
three imaginary boys
fire in cairo
grinding halt
in your house
subway song
m
10.15 saturday night
accuracy
at night
boys don't cry
jumping someone else's train
another journey by train
a forest

Encore 1:
secrets
killing an arab

Encore 2:
plastic passion

This is the running order to THIS version:
Mainset:
three imaginary boys
fire in cairo
in your house
10.15 saturday night
accuracy
grinding halt
play for today
boys don't cry
jumping someone else's train>another journey by train
a forest

Encore 1:
secrets
seventeen seconds

Seeded on Dimeadozen.org March 2006 by Stranjluv101

http://www.dimeadozen.org/download.php/84643/The%20Cure%201980-04-15%20New%20York.torrent
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The Cure - 15 April 1980 - New York - 3rd Ever USA show
Page 1 sur 1